WHAT IS WIC?
WIC is a supplemental food and nutrition education program. WIC provides services to women, who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a baby less than 6 months old, and infants and children up to five years old. Dads, grandparents, foster parents of young children, and working families are welcome at WIC too!TO QUALIFY FOR WIC SERVICES YOU MUST:
• Meet WIC income guidelines
• Meet certain nutritional or health risks
• Nutrition education and support
• Breastfeeding education and support
• Referral for health care
• Immunization screening and referral
• Supplemental foods like: Milk, Cereal, Juice, Eggs, Peanut Butter or Beans, Infant formula, fruits and vegetables and whole grains.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply, make an appointment with WIC.WHAT DO I BRING TO MY FIRST APPOINTMENT?
• Schedule an appointment please call our office
740-385-3030 ext. 229
Our office hours are: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00
Late clinic: 2nd Tuesday of every month 8:00-7:00
• We also offer the following satellite clinics:
Laurelville 1st Thursday of every Month
• Proof of address: (WIC reminder card, driver’s license, utility bill)
• Proof of income: (Medical card, check stubs, food stamp card)
• Proof of Identification: (birth certificate, crib card, driver’s license, shot records, Medical card)
• If pregnant, proof of pregnancy
• All family members applying for WIC
(infants, children, pregnant, breastfeeding, or postpartum mother)