WIC is a proud supporter of Breastfeeding. Breastfeeding offers many benefits for both mother and baby. Here are some reasons why mother’s milk is best:
- It’s perfect nutrition for babies
- It’s perfect food for a baby’s growth and development
- The nutrients in mother’s milk are in exactly the right amounts and of the highest quality
- It is gentle and easy to digest, and does not cause diarrhea or constipation
- It protects against colds, flu, ear infections, allergies and obesity
- It is free!!!
(WIC is a supplemental program, so after three months of age you will have to purchase formula for your baby)
WIC offers infant feeding classes to educate pregnant mothers on breastfeeding. WIC helps mothers to get Breastfeeding off to a good start. We can also provide breast pumps to our nursing mothers if they are returning to work or school and want to continue Breastfeeding their babies. At our WIC office we have Certified Lactation Counselors to provide breastfeeding education and support to our clients.
Did you know????
- Breastfeeding helps everyone in our community because it:
- Leads to healthier people
- Lowers food costs for families because of buying less formula
- Makes less trash and pollution because there a fewer cans, bottles, and nipples to throw away
If you have any questions regarding Breastfeeding or WIC, please contact us!
350 St. Rt. 664N (map)
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
2nd Tuesday of every month